** Offer ** Contact us Special Discount Rates Available for Below Packages
Nattika Beach Resort , Thrissur : Ayurveda - Panchakarma Package
Ayurveda, with its origin traced backed to more than 5000 years ago, is the oldest system of health known to man.
The term Ayurveda is derived from two words ayus meaning life and veda meaning science combined together to mean 'the science of life. Considered as an upaveda (subtext) of atharvaveda (one of the four ancient science texts) Ayurveda is believed to be created by brahma -the Hindu god of creation- not only as a system of medicine and treatment, but also as life style science for maintaining physical and mental health and well-being in the individual and social level.Explained in Ayurveda are the advices for the health and prevent diseases as well as the description about causes, pathology, symptoms, prognosis and treatment of different disease. Also the structure and functions of body, preparation and uses of different medicines etc. are described.
All views and descriptions of Ayurveda are explained rooted on two theories:
1. The panchamahabhootha theory: This theory states that all living and non-living things in the universe is made up of 5 basic elements - Earth,Water,Fire,Air,Space
The different proportions in which these elements combine determine the difference in properties among all substances.
2. Thetri dosha theory: This theory is used to explain the physiological functions of beings. The life activities of all living things are attributed to three doshas (life energies roughly) - the vata,pithaandkapha- which too are made of the mahabhoothas. The balanced and synchronised functioning of the three doshas in physical and mental levels creates health and imbalance causes diseases.
All the 3 doshashas different properties and do related but different functions in body. The decrease or increase of a dosha is understood respectively by the under or over expression of its properties in body or mind.
Concept of prakriti (body nature):
Each individual has his own unique proportion of doshas which he acquires at the time of birth and will prevail till death without much change. This proportion called prakriti determines ones built physical and mental characters, immunity, vulnerability to specific diseases etc.
Concept of treatment:
Considering that diseases are caused by either increase or decrease of doshas, there are only two ways to treat them:
either by increasing doshas: brumhanam- building up,
or by decreasing doshas: lamghanam - breaking down.
Lamghanam could be done in two ways:
1. By suppressing the increased doshas by medicines and regulated diet and activities - shamanam(pacification)
2. By removing the highly excess doshas out of body - shodhanam(cleaning).
The renowned panchakarmatherapies are methods of shodhana(cleaning) of different doshas.
Panchakarma are the five (pancha) therapies used for cleaning the highly increased doshas from the body. Theyare
- Nasyam(nasal purification)
- Vamanam(medicine induced emesis)
- Virechanam(medicine induced purgation)
- Nirooham(decoction enema)
- Anuvasanam(oil enema)
Raktha moksha(bloodletting) is also considered as a main cleaning treatment according to some texts.
The pancha karmas are done only for those with a high imbalance of doshas and one or more therapies from the five will be chosen by doctors only after carefully considering which of the doshas are increased and to which extent.
Ayurvedic treatments are done in different stages.
This cycle may be repeated several times according to the conditions and progress in symptoms.
- The main purification therapies are often preceded by a preparatory phase (poorva karma) which includes administration of medicated ghee and other medicines and different external therapies.
- This is followed by main the cleaning therapy (pradhana karma).
- After the main cleaning therapy there will be an aftercare (paschat karma) which is followed for the gradual buildup of digestive power, energy and restoration of doshas in a balanced state. This includes regulations in diet and activities and medicines.
In Ayurveda diet and activity regulation is considered equally important as medicines and therapies. So the entire treatment is overseen by special diets, yoga and exercises specific to body nature, climate and imbalance.
Rejuvenation Therapy (Rasayana Chikitsa)
The term Rejuvenation corresponds to the word “Rasayana” in Ayurveda which mean to vitalize all the tissue in the body. Thus this package include therapies ranging from Rejuvenation massage, Njavarakizi etc which helps to Revitalize the body to treatment like Sirovasthi, Sirodhara etc which purifies the mind and inner soul. The package includes treatments ranging for duration of 90min – 2 hrs /day for a period of 7-14 days.
Body Purification Therapy (Sodhana Chikitsa)
Body purification or Sodhana Chikitsa is one of the prime treatments in Ayurveda aimed to remove all the toxins or free radicals from the body. Based on the condition of the individual and imbalance of Dosas the treatment may include Massage, Snehapanam, Nasya, Vamana, Virechana, Snehavasti, Kashyavasthi, Sirovasthi, Sirodhara, Netratarpana, Karnapooranam etc. Each treatment is aimed to purify specific parts of the body. Additionally Herbal medicines and diet is also advised during this therapy. The result is to make the body free from all toxic waste and to be rejuvenated. This package is useful in curing diseases related to musclo-skeletal system, respiratory system, digestive system, metabolic disorders, psychological disorders and in whole it improves the quality of life and increases longevity.
Complete Panchakarma therapy
Panchakarma is among the elite treatments in Ayurveda meant to cleanse all the toxin or free radicals from the body. The process goes in three stages of preparation, main treatments and post treatment. Depending on the condition of patient, duration of the preparation and post therapy may vary. The five main therapies in this are Nasya (Instillation of nasal medication), Vamana (therapeutic emesis), Virechana (Therapeutic purgation), Snehavasthi (Medicated Oil enema) & Kashyavasthi (Medicated Decoction enema). During this process specific diet and medicines are prescribed. The full therapy will require minimum 51 days. The therapy is useful in preventing as well as curing every kind of ailments related to all the body systems. It helps to enhance immunity and also increase life span.
More Details @ http://www.carnivaltourskochi.com/nattika-beach-resort-ayurveda-package1.html
Leave a Reply.